The city of A Coruña recovers this 2022 a full party program, with activities and concerts that will also be enjoyed without the restrictions of the pandemic of recent years. Performances by James Blunt and Luis Fonsi are some of the highlights of a program that includes exhibitions, comedy shows and the highly anticipated Estrella Galicia Northwest Festival 2022, to be held August 10-14. This year, in addition, the Naval battle, which will take place on August 14.
The concerts of Maria Pita
- August 1, 10 p.m. James Blunt.
- August 2, 10 p.m. edurne.
- August 3, 10 p.m. Daniel Fernandez
- August 4, 10 p.m. Los40 summer livewith Blas Cantó, Marlon, Leo Rizzi, Natalia Lacunza, Samurai, Depol, Polo Nández and Abraham Mateo, Lora.
- August 5, 10:00 p.m. illegal
- August 6, 10 p.m. Macaco + García Mc & Quilombo Nation
- August 7, 8:00 p.m. It’s rock! a family concert with Carolina Rubirosa & band Javier Becerra
- August 8, 10:00 p.m. Texas
- August 9, 10 p.m. Ana Torroja
- August 15, 10:00 p.m. Luis Fonsi
- August 16, 10:00 p.m. Caroline Pendant
XXXVII Contest of Habaneras Festas María Pita 2022 (Parrote)
- August 15th: Corais two civic centers in San Diego, Arumes de Monte Alto, Airiños de San Fernando (Feáns), Saraiba (Os Mall
- August 17: Coral La Antigua, Coral Lucero del Alba (Neda), Prickly Pear Veterans
- August 18: Lembranzas de Santa Cruz Choir, Saúde Choir, Orfeón Herculino
- August 19: Orfeón de Arteixo, The Secret Choral Choral Canticorum
- 20 August : La Trova Coruñesa, Pinares de Burgos Choir, San Roque de Vigo Choir
- 21st of August: Coral Sporting Club Casino, Espasante Coral, Coral Follas Nova
XXXV Cidade da Coruña International Folklore Festival
The music of Maria Pita del August 10 to 14 will be in charge of folk music, with groups such as the choir and dance association ‘Eidos’, the dance company ‘Acuarela Boliviana’, the cultural group Netos de Badim, the folk dance company ‘Tierras Mexicanas’ and the Ensemble ‘University’. Meetings will begin at 8:00 p.m. In addition, on August 13 and 14, there will be a parade from Cantón Grande to María Pita, which will start at 7:00 p.m.
Northwest Festival Estrella Galicia
The Northwest Festival Estrella Galicia 2022 will take place in the city of La Coruña August 10 to 14. The event will return Riazor Beach, one of its most emblematic settings, which will be complemented by other points in the city. In addition, the Mercado da colleita and the Noroeste Record Market, in San Agustín. Fairs in the city of La Coruña.
Fairs in the city of La Coruña
- Galician craft fairfrom July 30 to August 28 in the gardens of Méndez Núñez
- Book Fairfrom August 1 to 10, in the gardens of Méndez Núñez
- Antiquarian Book Fair and in the meantimefrom August 14 to September 4 in the gardens of Méndez Núñez.
- Atlantic thumbnailsfrom August 8 to 14, in the gardens of Méndez Núñez.
The classic week of Maria Pita
Northwest rock music, folk music and habaneras will be followed by classic week of Maria Pita, which will take place from August 20.
- 20 August9:00 p.m., the Galician Symphony Orchestra presents Essentials
- 21st of August9:00 p.m., the Municipal Music Band with Serafín Zubiri presents Tribute to Nino Bravo
- August 229:00 p.m., the Galician Chamber Orchestra presents Atlantic Music
- August 23, 9 p.m., the GAOS Orchestra presents Disney in concert
- August 2610 p.m., the Polyphonic Choir presents El Eco
XXI Manicomicos Festival (several locations)
- August 15that the Obelisco, will perform at 12:30 p.m. Nikita Cía, at 6:30 p.m. Zanguango Teatro and at 8:00 p.m. Kolektivo Kónicas.
- August 15th, in the Plaza de Vigo, Cía. Io at 10:00 p.m.
- August 16in Campo da Leña, will perform at 12:30 p.m. Pajarito, at 6:30 p.m. Circo Txosko and at 8:00 p.m. Maite Guevara.
- August 16, in the Plaza de Vigo, will perform at 22:00 Cía. Du’K’To.
- August 17, 12:30 p.m. MeRe Clown presents Circo na Casa (As Conchiñas), 6:30 p.m. Javier Ariza presents Carman (Praza Tolerancia), 8:00 p.m. Cía. Trasla2 presents Trasla2 (Praza Torrente Ballester), 10:00 p.m. Circ. Pistol presents Maybe there is no end (Praza Tolerancia)
- August 18, 12:30 p.m. Cia. Trasla2 presents Trasla2 (Paseo das Pontes). And at 7:00 p.m. Gala XXI Festival (Parque Santa Margarida).
- August 6, 8:30 p.m. The World Festival of Illusionism presents its extreme challenge The Angel of Death by Víctor Cerro (O Parrote)
- August 25, 10 p.m. The magic of Jorge Blass (María Pita Square).
XXVth Edition Caricatures of the Atlantic
From August 8 to September 4 The legendary comic strip festival will take place throughout the city, with venues such as the Kiosko Alfonso, the Palexco, the Casa de la Culture Salvador de Madariaga, the Municipal Palace, the Tower of Hercules or the Aquarium Finisterrae.
Rest of the festival program in La Coruña
The rest of the festival program for María Pita de A Coruña includes celebrations in the different neighborhoods of the city. And the special program of the various museums of the city. You can consult here the complete poster of the activities of the month of August.